Fr Paul Stewart
1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath…Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.”
(Leviticus 23: 15-16 NKJV)
The Counting of the Omer- a fifty day period of time from the feast of first fruits until Pentecost. Seven complete weeks plus one – 50 days. Fallowing the inspiration of the dove given to us at Passover, let us journey together with expectation for the feast of Pentecost!
Moving now from our great celebration of the Resurrection we can continue with Psalm 119, stirring the condition of our hearts toward Jesus. It is one of the most powerful Psalms in which King David praises the wonders of God. Led by the Holy Spirit, our hearts can be taken over by the Testimonies, precepts, Commandments, and Statutes of the Living God.
Listen to the still, small voice within you, be carried away like David in the simple ways of worship within you. Your voice like David’s will please the heart of God; it will cause you to want more intimacy with Jesus. A heart submitted, willing for the breath of God.
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD!
- Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, Who seek Him with the whole heart!
- They also do no iniquity; They walk in His ways.
- You have commanded us To keep Your precepts diligently.
- Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes!
- Then I would not be ashamed When I look into all Your commandments.
- I will praise You with uprightness of heart When I learn Your righteous judgments.
- I will keep Your statutes; Oh, do not forsake me utterly!